It was January in Florida and a cold front moved through. We were on the back porch of a waterfront home, and the temperature dropped to the 50s and a steady fine mist of a rain was falling. It had been 80 degrees a few hours ago so there was condensation on everything.

All of a sudden my wind synth went out of tune - not just a little out of tune, but probably close to a tritone. I picked up the sax to finish the song and got the spare wind synth out for the next song. It was working fine.

I sent the broken one in to get fixed, but by the time it got to the repair shop it had dried out and was working perfectly.

A case where always carrying two wind controllers came in handy.

The wind controller can cover sax and guitar parts so I don't have to bring another sax and guitar, but I bring 2 wind controllers and two of the most important sound modules.

Of course, extra reeds for the sax, extra strings for the guitar, and at least one spare of every cable we use.

I now have 3 wind controllers so that if one needs to get sent in for repair, I still have a working one and a spare.

Insights and incites by Notes

Bob "Notes" Norton smile Norton Music
https://www.nortonmusic.com

100% MIDI Super-Styles recorded by live, pro, studio musicians for a live groove
& Fake Disks for MIDI and/or RealTracks