Originally Posted By: eddie1261
Once Steve helped me get my Focusrite to play nice with Pro Tools, it is glorious.

You're welcome! smile

Pro Tools Rant
Cost: I did similar to what I had switched to when I used Adobe Audition. I pay a monthly subscription of about $20 a month for as long as I like and don't have to worry about software upgrades as I get them as part of that. So when I went the Pro Tools route, I unsubscribed from Adobe and went to Avid. Monthly rate was about the same from one tool to the next.

Performance: Yes, a lot of people on the Avid forums complain about bugs but IMHO most of those are people that do not have the tech-savviness to figure out how things work in the first place. Once your sound card and software are locked in, things work great. I just love it because it is a work horse software that can carry a heavy load when needed. I had no issues at all recording all 8 inputs of my interface at once while recording a band. You can throw a ton of plugins on it during mixing without dropping a beat.

Difficulty: Yes, it may be overwhelming coming to it from scratch like I did 2 years ago. Like any software I kept plugging at it until I figured things out. Lots of searching in the .PDF manual and "The GOOGLE".
End Rant

Steve

BIAB/RB 2022, Pro Tools 2020, Korg N5, JBL LSR 4328 Powered Monitors, AKG/Shure Mics.
PC: Win11 PRO, 4 TB M2 SSD, 2 TB HD, 128 GB Memory