Although I'm not a Cakewalk fan, I'm sad about this and I feel for you.

I still have an XP computer so that I can use Master Tracks Pro.

Microsoft bought Passport (the originators) so it could use its technology in Power Point. They sold the rights to Encore (notation) and MTPro (sequencer) to G-Vox.

G-Vox changed very little, they added long file names, more modern looking dialog boxes but introduced a number of bugs in it. All but a couple were eventually fixed.

They continued to develop Encore but did nothing for MTPro. Eventually one of the people in G-Vox bought MTPro and renamed his new company Passport with the intention of revising MTPro. That never happened.

I like MTPro because there is no Audio and thus a simpler interface with no sub or sub-sub menus. It's much faster to use and it also loads and saves fast so I spend more time on the musical instrument and less time on the computer.

Plus it's very powerful and has groove filters.

Then when I'm all done with the MIDI, if I want to add audio, I'll open the MIDI file in a DAW.

My oldest version of MTPro doesn't work in Win10 and it's the bug free version. The newest version barely works in Win10, certain features just don't work right, thus the XP computer.

MTPro started on the Motorola Mac and was upgraded to Intel/OSX - and no longer works. It was ported to the Atari first and then Windows. Now it's an orphan.

Cakewalk just got orphaned too. At least Cakewalk works on Win10 so you should be able to use it for a decade or more without worries.

Notes

Bob "Notes" Norton smile Norton Music
https://www.nortonmusic.com

100% MIDI Super-Styles recorded by live, pro, studio musicians for a live groove
& Fake Disks for MIDI and/or RealTracks