I've been a Cakewalk user since version 3 and have upgraded every time a new version came out. I'm using Platinum today. I'm sure going to miss it if I ever have to give it up.

However, I'm thinking about learning something new. I bought a new Mackie mixer this past week and it came with a full blown version of Tracktion. This isn't a "Light" or stripped down edition. It's a full version. That being said, it is old - Tracktion 4.

I bought an audio interface 2 weeks ago, but returned it for a swap for the mixer. It came with a light version of Cubase. I had a quick look and really didn't care for it. Now this isn't fair to the software because I really did nothing in it during the 20 minutes I was looking at it.

But seeing as both of them didn't cost me a dime, and the thought that I may have to look for a new DAW further on down the line, this may be a good excuse to start learning something other than Sonar.

I'm not in a panic about losing Sonar. I just think I shouldn't remain being one dimensional.

Bobby
Bobby