Originally Posted By: David Snyder
But if you really want to go into the innermost ring where the torture is the most severe, you could be forced to use Ableton Live.

This thread is truly hilarious. This is Ford vs Chevy, Ginger vs Mary Ann, Janet vs Chrissy, Miller vs Budweiser....

As has been the case in he half dozen or so debates I Have seen in my time on these forums, what you KNOW best is what you SAY is best. The course I took last summer was a split course that covered both Pro Tools and Ableton. The prof that taught it does a lot of hip hop and electronica production, and has had several compositions used in films. This after her Berklee degree from the Barcelona campus. She prefers Ableton. A local studio here, Suma recording run by Paul Hamann, allowed me to hang around and observe for 2 days while someone I knew did her album. That studio is where Paul's father Ken Hamann engineered Grand Funk, is a Pro Tools house. Sadly, Paul died recently from cancer. The guy that did my CD uses Samplitude. The common thread is that it's what THEY know best.

So I ask anybody who has ever changed DAW. Why did you change? When you sat down with your new DAW, wasn't it a learning experience? Don't you feel musically wiser for now knowing another tool? I mean, to put a golf analogy to it, you CAN hit your 2 iron off the tee, but at some point shouldn't you learn how to hit the driver/

I am STILL waiting to hear any specific objections to Pro Tools. All I am hearing is "It's too hard." "Too hard" doesn't exist in my world. My world is more like "You say it's too hard? Then that's the one for me. I want that." But that's me. I love a challenge, as is evidenced by my willingness to try marriage that 3rd time.... And my song Here Goes Nuttin' was about that brief moment of insanity where I considered doing it a 4th time.

See, I don't care about "faster". I have nothing but time. When I had that issue with my interface that Steve helped me fix, that was nerdvana for me. Computer, software and hardware troubleshooting? I really enjoy that stuff. And as I went through the steps Steve sent me, I was able to understand what got out of sync as I fixed it. The same way I worked through questions when I started using profiles.

But I am now out of this one. I really have no reason to care what anybody else uses.

Last edited by eddie1261; 11/26/17 09:29 AM.

I am using the new 1040XTRAEZ form this year. It has just 2 lines.

1. How much did you make in 2023?
2. Send it to us.