Originally Posted By: eddie1261
So I ask anybody who has ever changed DAW. Why did you change? When you sat down with your new DAW, wasn't it a learning experience? Don't you feel musically wiser for now knowing another tool?

Yes, this has been a crazy thread. For me, One word for why I switched from Adobe Audition to Pro Tools: MIDI

Past versions of Audition had danced around MIDI implementation a little bit and more current versions kind of phased it out. I thought that both tools were fairly comparable in terms of feature set but Pro Tools has quite the detailed amount of MIDI tools. Yes, I could have gone to SONAR since they seem to have good MIDI as well but had messed with it in past years and never really got into it as many forum members here have.

Pro Tools was a BIG learning experience and yes, I feel a little wiser for it. Another reason it was the tool I went with is that I'm a big follower of Graham and the Recording Revolution. He's a big Pro Tools guy and I had seen tons of his videos using the tool. Therefore, I already had a built-in resource for learning it. That helped me a lot.

Steve

BIAB/RB 2022, Pro Tools 2020, Korg N5, JBL LSR 4328 Powered Monitors, AKG/Shure Mics.
PC: Win11 PRO, 4 TB M2 SSD, 2 TB HD, 128 GB Memory