Originally Posted By: MarioD

If you take your music computer off-line right now Sonar will last as long as your computer does and that is probably many years.

Correct

While Sonar and I parted ways a while back - if you are Sonar dependent user there is no need to panic - the world hasn't ended, you can still use Sonar, as is, with no issues. However, and I repeat the only real risk is if used under Win 10 and you DO NOT take the machine offline as MarioD suggests the next Win 10 OS patch COULD render Sonar kaput. Although Sonar should continue to run fine in Win 7 forever!

this is not unlike some Cubase users who refuse to pay for .5 upgrades (as if it were a whole version upgrade) so they STAY with last version

Finally, caveat emptor: yes, there is a whole universe of other DAWs' - free, cheap, moderate, and as much as a new car (when I was a kid -LOL) - but just like CW any one of them can just as easily go "Tango Uniform" tomorrow.

Larry

Win10Pro,i9,64GB,2TBSSD+20TBHDDs,1080TI,BIAB'24,Scarlett18i8,Montage7,Fusion 8HD,QS8,Integra7,XV5080,QSR,SC-8850,SPLAT,FL21&others,Komp.14,IK suite&others, just a guitar player-AXE FX III &FM9T, FishmanTP, MIDIGuitar2, GK2/3'sw/GI20