Originally Posted By: Janice & Bud
Firstly, everything about this production reminds us of the void of jazz tunes posted here. Given the vast number of jazz styles and RT’s that is even more unfortunate. But this song certainly made the wait worthwhile.

We’ve several times watched the great late 50’s film featuring an afternoon at the Newport Jazz Festival. This song while packed with nuances and complexities reminds us of the open airy feel of many of performances at that festival.

We could parse out everything we like and discuss it but this is one that we prefer just kicking back and enjoying the totality of the wonderful arrangement and vocals.

The word that comes to mind and best describes our feelings is “classy.”

Well done y’all! Sounds like you two are having fun.

J&B

Hello, Bud; hello, Ms. Janice...

I believe the documentary you described is "Jazz on a Summer's Day", directed by Bert Stern in 1958. Yes, it is a dream of a film about jazz music with gorgeous color cinematography and amazingly well-recorded performances.

If "The Rain Song" brought forth that "open and airy" association in your mind, then I'm humbled. It's a nice to thing to say.

"Classy" is certainly how I feel about Ms. Grace's performance. She seized upon the (hopefully) sunny feel of the song on the first take, which was done remotely as we live in different cities.

Thank you for communicating your pleasure with the song in such a colorful way!

Most sincerely,

LOREN

"Music is what feelings sound like."-- borrowed from a Cakewalk Music Creator forum member, "Mamabear".