I have used PT on (8 thru 10) and off with the subscription garbage, and still have a ton of stuff in my iLok account. The reasons I don't like PT...

1. Unstable. On a machine that ANY other DAW runs fine PT freezes, hickup, and crashes. More than Sonar & Reaper for sure.

2. Too many clicks to do simple things, like creating a track....it is like an interrogation and slow compared to every other DAW I have used.

3. Locked to an iLok, the BIGGEST reason I despise PT. Pace systems us a virus that you pay for IMHO.....

I own Sonar Producer (but still use Reaper & Mixbus more), and I am sure it will run solid for years, mainly because my OS NEVER gets updated since my studio system NEVER goes online.

This is bad news for sure, I know a few folks who have had a fit, and then just settled down, cleaned their systems, grabbed all the updates, and got back to work.....

i5 3.20GHz, 32gb RAM, 1tb SSD OS, 12tb HDD, 4gb gForce vid card, 32" monitor, Audient id44, Win10 x64, BiaB/RB 2023, Reaper 6,IK Multimedia Total Studio 3.5 MAX, Waves 10