For mixing in BIAB, I view the volume controls in the mixer to be a master volume reference rather than volume controls. 90 is a relative level used by the program and mixer volume changes are percentage changes referenced to the 90 standard rather than just a gain change. When you render a mix, the volume and panning controls cannot be used in real time to alter volume and panning so they have to be set prior to a render and are static throughout the render. In order mix during a render, another process is necessary.

I automate my mix and render using bar settings. Gain changes and fades can be done at each bar. An example where I would do a gain change is at a solo break where I may increase the gain of my soloist while reducing the gain of other instruments so the soloist would be featured without interference. I would then lower the soloist and bring up the other instruments at the bar where the solo ends.

Last edited by Charlie Fogle; 12/16/17 02:50 AM.

BIAB Ultra Pak+ 2024:RB 2024, Latest builds: Dell Optiplex 7040 Desktop; Windows-10-64 bit, Intel Core i7-6700 3.4GHz CPU and 16 GB Ram Memory.