Thank you PG Music for BIAB but I have to agree with this post

"I think this just reiterates how much it is - high time that PG Music spend some developer resources to finally bite the bullet and consolidate their code-base to be truly cross-platform - due to the many lacking features in the OSX version compared to Windows.

We OSX users are second-rate citizens. And yet the Mac is clearly the preferred operating system and computers used by most pro musicians and producers who use computers as their way of music creation or performance.

There is still some ugly PASCAL based bits of code and GUI going right back to the days of the ATARI ST. PG Music are just too unwilling to commit developer resources to remove it. Which would involve a rewrite of some code in a modern language.

And also the most pain-free, low latency and most supported platform audio-wise. Hence why even now in 2017 it is still a free - independently developed audio driver ASIO - and other bits of middleware that one is forced to use if one wants low latency with ones DAW on Windows - even Windoze 10.

I cannot think of another music software company that has a constant release-version disparity and long lag between the windows and OSX version.

The version numbers get a different release date - and yet EVEN when version numbers match for a few months - say 2017 - it is the case that feature sets don't match.

Shoddy.

Yet PG has been getting away with this for decades."

Computer: Macbook Pro, 16 inch 2021
DAWs: Pro Tools, Logic, and Maschine
plays drums, percussion, bass, steel pan, keyboard,
music producer/engineer