Originally Posted By: Mike Halloran
Blaming Apple is ridiculous. BIAB should have been 64 bit years ago like nearly every other app.

Looking at all of my current, supported apps to see how many are not 64 bit in About this Mac/System Report/Software.... Only one isn’t. Yep, it’s BIAB 2017 Audiophile. 2017? Really? C’mon, even Finale made the change last year.

It’s bad enough that I paid all this money to find that the Mac version lacks some of the Windows functionality such as Piano Roll editing or that the Lyric editor still doesn’t work.

No doubt that 64 bit will be the big feature of the next version and that I’ll shell out the $$$ to upgrade my Audiophile version just so that it will work in the next OS.

I’d rather you sell me the 2018 upgrade because it has all these new features that I want; not because I have to.

If my copy was years old like, say Office 2011, I’d suck it up. I’ve been a Mac user since 1986 and have had many software and hardware upgrades over 31+ years. The only other app I recall having a paid upgrade every year due to the OS was BIAS Peak and I pulled the plug on that over a decade ago.

I only do Windows when my day job requires it. That’s not been an issue for me since 2009 and there’s no way I’ll switch back.

Same too. I gonna buy a windows computer just for work.

Computer: Macbook Pro, 16 inch 2021
DAWs: Pro Tools, Logic, and Maschine
plays drums, percussion, bass, steel pan, keyboard,
music producer/engineer