This song really appealed to me, Floyd. I'm OK with letting the lyrics fall where they may... I like the hodgepodge of random information. It paints a picture that fits pretty well into the mundane lives lived by most of us.

I think songs that give the audience free reign to make up their own interpretation automatically have wider appeal, because they aren't boxed in to a single message on which the audience might be divided.

My take: the story makes an interesting commentary on suspicion. The man and the woman in the story both had suspicions (the wife suspected her husband was going to run off with another woman, while the man suspected that society was going to collapse, and he needed to be prepared)

While neither of them was completely right, neither of them was completely wrong. The things we're prepared for aren't generally the things that get us in the end.

Hats off to both of you... I'm very impressed that after so many home runs you continue to find new ways to hit the ball out of the park.