Originally Posted By: Janice & Bud
This is a cleverly written and hilarious story presented by a cool "Appalachian Swing" band.

Great production and vocal -- never expect any less and never get any less. You've been clearing that very high bar for quite a while mr jane.

Amongst all the goodness here what really struck (and surprised us) was the cool use of those bluegrass solo RT's (guitar and mandolin). The use of them in anything other than a bluegrass production is very rare on this forum. It really worked well.

It had to be a lot fun working it up and it sure is a lot of fun listening to the result.

Y'all done good.

J&B

Your new avatar is cool! Anytime I can get a nod from YOU about how I use bluegrass instruments in a production, that is enough to give me a smile... smile

Originally Posted By: animarorecords
Hello, floyd

It's a bit old style country song, I feel like heard it somewhere in an old American movie.
Your storytelling singing is wonderful.
Though it is not an usual rock tune, I also like this kind of music.
Enjoyed my listen a lot.

Merry Christmas and A Happy New Year!

Best regards.

Shigeki Adachi

Shigeki Adachi - Thanks for all your support throughout the year! Merry Christmas and Happy New Year to you, as well....

Originally Posted By: RnAM
Very nice country folk!
Nice story too.

Rob and Anne-Marie

Thanks, y'all....

Originally Posted By: Pat Marr
This song really appealed to me, Floyd. I'm OK with letting the lyrics fall where they may... I like the hodgepodge of random information. It paints a picture that fits pretty well into the mundane lives lived by most of us.

I think songs that give the audience free reign to make up their own interpretation automatically have wider appeal, because they aren't boxed in to a single message on which the audience might be divided.

My take: the story makes an interesting commentary on suspicion. The man and the woman in the story both had suspicions (the wife suspected her husband was going to run off with another woman, while the man suspected that society was going to collapse, and he needed to be prepared)

While neither of them was completely right, neither of them was completely wrong. The things we're prepared for aren't generally the things that get us in the end.

Hats off to both of you... I'm very impressed that after so many home runs you continue to find new ways to hit the ball out of the park.

Thanks, Pat. As I stated previously, a good deal of this - the storyline - was Bill's doing, so he deserves that credit. Very pleased to have you drop by. Wish you would visit more often!!!!