Hi all,

I'll try to put in as much detail as possible. This is regarding Band in a Box 2018 I'm running a current version of Windows 10. I installed the program to the default location (C:\bb and C:\RealBand), but put the real tracks in a folder at the root level of a portable hard drive with a fixed drive letter.

After attempting to start the program, I see a splash screen followed by a full screen window that says "counting candidate plugins". Then the program freezes while stating "counting candidate plugins". The menu bar will then give a message that the program is not responding.

If I click anywhere, I get a black box in the center of the screen, which then turns to a white box. The box is in front of everything else on the screen. Eventually a dialog asks if I would like to terminate the program or wait. Regardless of what I do, I cannot end the program/process (including via the task manager). The only way to end the program is to reboot the system.

I just recently did a system reset keeping personal files and have installed no other audio/midi programs since that reset so I don't know what could be conflicting with it.

The contents of the Plugin Scan Log are as follows:

Quote:
Plugin Scan Log

Calling Windows FFilterMapper2.EnumMatchingFilters...
... Windows FFilterMapper2.EnumMatchingFilters succeeded

Counting candidate plugins in the Enum...

Two times it did start up, but without plugins and only after the program wrote the file "MaxPluginsToScan" to the c:\bb folder. This file reads only:
Quote:
Max=0

If I delete the "MaxPluginsToScan" file, then the program goes back to freezing.

I have attempted to run it as administrator. I have turned off antivirus while installing. I have reinstalled it about 6 times, but the problem is persistent.

I did find a similar issue on the forum for version 2012 here:

http://www.pgmusic.com/forums/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showthreaded&Number=388376&site_id=1

However, the resolution seemed to be to cripple one feature in order to fix another. Since this is six years later, I am hopeful that there is an actual fix.

I can't get a response from technical support either by email or by phone. Maybe just the holiday. Nevertheless, unless fixed, this is obviously a deal breaker. I've haven't had this severe of a problem with commercial software since Windows 95. Perhaps this was released too soon. I'm concerned about other issues that may be present in the software that I haven't even gotten to yet.

Any help would be appreciated, especially a solution. Thanks in advance.