Originally Posted By: bluage
Mr. Cordrey...

I continue to be drawn (like the moth to the proverbial flame) to the poetic fireworks of your vivid, yet simultaneously sublime lyrics:

"...draw your dreams on a pebble..."
"...my heart was starless..."
"...true as a prayer..."
"...you said I love you like this road/wont you walk me home..."
(I am rendered nearly speechless by the lyrical imaginativeness of this line, and the way its imagery pairs with the emotion it describes and delivers, as though the words were holding each other's hands.)

Each of these lines are as spare as Japanese haiku, but somehow manage to ignite all five of my senses. Truly a sterling example of "less" being/becoming "more".

Your music as rendered by your Real Tracks choices seems somehow to combine the form of a passionately romantic medieval ballad with a classical "pop" feel that lends a timeless air to the song.

Very frequently I feel that love songs couldn't possibly squeeze out one more drop of anything truly original, lyrically speaking, and then, I stumble upon something like "The Girl with the Siam Eyes", and realize why the subject of love has nearly monopolized song creation for what seems like ages -- because their can be NO limit on the inspiration it sparks in our hearts and souls.

LOREN

Loren,
Wow... I`m stuck for words after that!
The line "I love you like this road" - my wife really did say that when we happened to be parked by the freeway years ago... following it up with " is that good English?" which made the line even more memorable.I`m waiting to see if she remembers it too!
I don`t write many love songs and am thrilled you felt this one took the form somewhere new.. thank you for saying so in such an eloquent way.

Robert