I am a complete novice using BIAB trying to find a way to connect a keyboard to an Alesis QSR rack mounted synth and also have a midi cable input from my laptop pc with BIAB on it. What I have done is get a y splitter that splits my 2 input midi cables to 1 as it goes into my synth. What I was hoping to be able to do was to tell BIAB to NOT use
a channel, for example channel 1, so that the input midi signals from my keyboard would not get mixed up with the midi signals coming from my pc laptop as created by BIAB. What happens now is after a short period of time I will get one note that "sticks" on continuously after a few minutes of playing.

My first effort at excluding this one midi channel from BIAB's use was to go to this midi options window and make sure that the channel "1" was not being used by BIAB:

[img]https://photos.app.goo.gl/PFSx0rVScBRiu7MH3[/img]

That is not working. To describe the problem in another way....I want to be able to play use my keyboard to play any of the hundreds of sounds available on my synth without disturbing or interrupting the midi signals coming from BIAB. I would not be surprised if this is not possible without additional hardware in between. Using the "Y" 2 in 1 out to my synth is not a very subtle attempt I know. I was originally loooking for a midi "a/b" switch that would at least allow me to switch between getting the input signal from my keyboard versus my BIAB laptop. I could not find such a thing. I am thinking there must be such a piece of midi hardware that would be like a mixer where I could have the 2 midi streams input with just one output. I would be happy to add such a piece of hardware if someone could point me to such a thing.

Thanks very much,
Jim Lee