Hello all! I'm a relatively new user. Have read the forum for a couple months and must say it is very informative and a pleasure to read.

Today I ran into an issue that searches have not help to answer. I'm using 2018 BIAB on a Windows 10 machine. I've done two songs with mostly no issues at all. But today changed all that.

I put a lot of time in perfecting my third song. At some point in the project I noticed that when I hit the stop button the "cursor" would jump well past the end of the song, don't know if this relevant but never have seen that before. Anyway now when I export to .wav (individual files) they do not contain the count in although it is checked in the song export screen. Time is left at the beginning of each file but no count in is heard. I've unchecked and rechecked the box several times with no joy.

Again not sure how relevant this is but during the second "take" (regenerated) BIAB gave a write fail error then locked up. I run BIAB from the USB drive but write the wavs to an internal hard drive. Also the computer is less than a year old and a powerful machine. This happened once on one of my first two songs and I had to reboot before BIAB would allow me to do anything else. But on this reboot the computer sat at the "restarting" prompt forever. Nothing would happen until I unplugged the USB drive then reboot went as normal.

Gave it another shot and on "take 4" the same error forcing a reboot happened. But this time Windows said it had to repair the USB drive (chkdisk). Said all is well after the process.

Each time I did a new take I did a save as so I have 6 song files. The part that confuses me most is that the crash did not happen until take 2 yet none of the files from the first take have a count in either???? I did a test by exporting the default startup song (just a C chord) using the same style with the same instruments I changed, that export indeed had a count in. But if I load any of the 6 songs files I saved no count in!

So lastly I was going to copy the chord sheet from one of my song files into the default startup song but I could not select and scroll down my song. I could go from bar 1 but when I hit the bottom of the visible page it would not scroll for the rest. Tried it in reverse, bottom to top, but again no scroll.

So I'm seeking advice. Is it corrupt and beyond repair? Does this write fail lockup happen often. Can I do something different to avoid it?

Sorry for the novel but wanted to give as much detail as possible. Thanks in advance!
Mike

Focusrite 2i2 2nd Gen
Windows 10 pro 1709 16299.125
Intel core i7 6700k CPU @ 4.00GHz 4.01 GHz
16 gig memory
BIAB UltraPak version is 2023 (Latest)
Cubase pro 9