I do this on a regular basis.
I create the song in the linear format, as Noel suggests. I make sure this plays exactly as I want. I do not use tag endings - ever.

Then I use the repeats / endings process to create a workable print l fake sheet layout. Since this is essentially a print function it doesn't mess with the original song. You do have to make sure that the start bar, the start of the ending, and the length of the ending are correct especially if the endings are of different lengths.

You can then add a DS as needed. You will need to know where the DS starts (after which bar), where the sign should be, and BIAB will print the capo after the last bar.

The print can be confusing sometimes such as repeats within repeats. Remember it's a print function - the song will always play as you laid it out originally. I just colour code the repeats with a marker. Red returns to red, blue goes back to blue.

You can also uses repeats (not 1st ending), but for some reason the DS won't print (the sign and the coda marks are thee), but again the song plays correctly.

BIAB for Windows Version 2019 (643)
Windows 10 (1909)