Originally Posted By: Janice & Bud
All of y’all’s ability to parse this subject out is impressive from both an academic and practical perspective. I’ve learned over the past six years from several user forum members that songwriting isn’t all “gift” and to a great extent can be learned.

Just like any "natural talent", there seems typically to be A LOT of practice behind it.

Quote:
So at 72 I’ve done my best to try and learn; however, I do think that some folks simply see their world in more textured and rich imagery than others (whether they are song writers or not). Admittedly my time spent in the psychology field might bias these feelings.

I always enjoy your perspective because of your background. It can be intimidating though. You never come across that way; but it does make a person think about what they are posting. Like this, as an example. Are you analyzing it? If you weren't, are you now? What are you thinking about me asking...;) Why am I asking so many questions? Is it hot in here?

Quote:
FWIW, my lyric writing is driven by mostly one objective - we can’t post covers at the user forum grin

Ha! I've felt that way. I'm also happy with some of the songs that have been written because of that. smile

Quote:
And for us what defines a good song is simply whether or not we like it. I’m too lazy to go further!

I typically find that to be with people. What they like is good. What they don't, not.

Quote:
Interesting thread.

Interesting take on the thread.

Quote:
Bud

Caaron

Chad (Hope that makes it easier)

TEMPO TANTRUM: What a lead singer has when they can't stay in time.