I am going to respond to the OP first, and just say this:

One of my favorite genres is indie/indie-folk, and would love to hear more in the user showcase along those lines. I mean, if we're going to get in to specifics I know that indie is technically supposed to be anyone who is not signed with a major record label (re: independent artists), but I find that the "indie genre" of music that has been born has developed a very specific sound.

For me, I would love to hear something in the same vein as The Decemberists, Passenger, Steam Powered Giraffe, or Florence + The Machine.

I also wouldn't mind challenging people to come up with something like Oh Land's style of pop. That could be an interesting challenge!

But at the end of the day, people need to do and play what makes them happy! I bet it's fun experimenting with other genres, but what you wanna play and what speaks to you comes first.

------------

Originally Posted By: Janice & Bud
Originally Posted By: Deryk - PG Music
We don't hear a lot of metal, reggae, or hip hop in the showcase. All genres of music I'd love to hear more of smile Granted, I think it is just because the majority of showcase posters aren't particularly interested in these genres. Which is a-okay, of course!

Hey Deryk, Janice and I are working on a reggae tune to post soon as we last posted one (Rewind Me) almost two years ago. Time do fly. I think over the years well posted four. And they were all fun projects.

Bud

That's exciting! I can't wait to hear what you guys come up with. Reggae is definitely really under represented in the showcase right now, so this makes me happy to hear that you guys have something else in the works.

Cheers,
Ember