Created a track in BIAB and then transferred to RB and saved in my RB folder so it saved as a SEQ file. Decided to add a solo track. I can do that in BIAB using the soloist button which gives me some control of where the solo plays.

No such button in RB (or is there?) Decided to generate a RealTracks soloist throughout the whole song and simply delete the bits I didn't want.

Right click track and choose generate etc etc. But only two bars or so were generated over the drum count in and a bit further.

Tried several times then thought laterally. Opened the original BIAB track (SGU not SEQ) and everything worked fine - complete track generated.

I do all my editing etc in PT cos I'm used to it. Saved song with new solo as a seq file, opened in PT, exported the solo to a wav file and then imported to the original seq file which I had done a bit of editing on.

So now the original seq file has a solo. Long and laborious but sounds good.

Two questions.

1) Is there a soloist dialogue in RB I haven't found?

2) Can I only generate a new RealTracks track successfully if I work on a sgu fle not a seq? If that's true then I need to get my RB tracks right before I save them to seq files which seems odd.

Can I overwrite the original BIAB file from RB and not save as a seq?