This thread has pretty well laid to rest my anxiety about wishful thinking. I have scoured through this program and its styles many times looking for a suitable MIDI track and/or Real Track generated for my original stuff, and usually the best I can get from MIDI is a fairly suitable bass pattern that I can edit and make use of in Cubase. Once in a while a simple keyboard track but not very often. A couple of times I got a pretty good pedal steel backing track for a Real Track and once, quite by accident I got a blues harp track that I was able to successfully use on a pop tune. I could never get the acoustic guitars to sound right because of the quaver in them and I always did my own drum tracks with Roland V drums, using Battery 3 and Ocean Way Drums as the sounds. Guitars I did myself too, not great but I could never find just what I was looking for in the Real Tracks. Oh yeah, and I could generate pretty good MIDI acoustic picking because I have Vir 2 Acoustic Legends as a sound plug in. But overall I feel the same way about the MIDI being left in the dust by PG Music. And for the Audiophile HardDrive upgrade at $299 I'm having a tough time justifying the cost for the amount of good tracks that I find useable, Real or MIDI. That being said, now with Melodyne DNA technology, the Real Tracks has more possibilities for editing than ever before, so I'm seriously doing a rethink of the whole situation, and over the next few days I'm going to see what the results are using DNA on Real Tracks.

Fivehands