As mentioned before, I know nothing about Kontakt. Have you loaded in any VST/DXi synths in BIAB? If not, it might be worthwhile trying one that loads easily just so you can "get a feel for the process" of how using VSTi works. Coyote's Forte can be downloaded and tried for 30 days without commitment. It's a full functioning version.

Have you tried Kontakt in Realband to see if there is any difference in loading?

I'd like to be more help but the above is the best I can do with my present understanding

JUST IN CASE IT IS ON INTEREST...
A process that I sometimes use when I want to use soundfonts is to use BIAB to arrange a song. I use entirely midi styles and save them as a midi file. I then import that midi file into Sonar Home Studio. This is the environment that I understand best with plugins. I'd then take the midi file and use various plugins to get it the best possible. When Realtracks and Realdrums came along, I then used to open the midi in Realband, add some Real-instruments and then transfer those wav files to Sonar.

Last edited by Noel96; 01/05/10 09:18 PM.

MY SONGS...
Audiophile BIAB 2024