Hey Guys and Gals,

I'm having an issue with the wife's computer. It is an HP slimline s7700n model. 1.5 gig ram running vista.

The problem started about 3 or 4 mos ago and I've tried every fix I could find on forums, msn, etc. The problem is "Slow Download Speed" I am hooked up to the same 4 port router and am getting download speed on my XP system of 11.8 MPS. Her vista unit is .5 Mbs with an upload speed of 4Mbs.

Vista uses an Ipv6 protocol which seems to be the culprit for many people with the same problem, but after disabling that, rolling back the driver, registry cleaning, changed router cable, etc, still the same problem. I believe the nvidia 10/100 is integrated as this little slimline doesn't appear to have any slots for a new card to be installed.

We've downloaded updated drivers, rolled back drivers, disabled, enabled, went to static ips dns, you name it I may have tried it, with no change what so ever in the download speed. Connection is fine, email etc but a download of any size will time out, and / or a youtube video may take 10 min to download.

Any help you can offer that hasn't been tried, is greatly appreciated, here are some specs.

Athlon 64 X2 (W) 3800+ 2.0 GHz
2000 MT/s (mega transfers/second)
Socket AM2

Memory
Component Attributes
Memory Installed 1 GB
Maximum allowed 2 GB (2 x 1 GB)
Speed supported PC2-4200 MB/sec
Type 240 pin, DDR2 SDRAM

Hard drive
250 GB SATA
7200 rpm