Hi Toucher,

Here are two long shots you may want to try. One is to dance the Security Tango, http://securitytango.com/ . This is a free but very comprehensive set of programs and instructions that will check you system for every type of bug know to computers.

The second is to check the computer logs. I’m not familiar with Vista but on XP they are located by right clicking on my computer, clicking on manage and the + button on Event Viewer. I was having a major problem with Kontakt 4. I kept getting an error message and Kontakt would not install. I checked for bugs of all kinds, drivers, programs etc. When viewing line for line in the event viewer (clicking on the up and down arrows) I discovered a problem with a Nero program. Note there was no error-warning icon in the event viewer so everything looked ok, which is why I viewed the lists line by line, i.e. Microsoft lies. I renamed the exe file to a bck file (short for backup) and I was able to load Kontakt. This only took 3.5 long agonizing weeks!

Good luck and I hope this helps.

Me, it's not about how many times you fail, it's about how many times you get back up.
Cop, that's not how field sobriety tests work.

64 bit Win 10 Pro, the latest BiaB/RB, Roland Octa-Capture audio interface, a ton of software/hardware