Quote:

Hi Bob,
What a great hook/title for a traditional country song. I love the description in your lyrics - it's so vivid. Great balance of "saying" and "showing". And the little half yodel - sorry don't know what else to call it - in the vocal really adds to the vibe. Everything else has already been said. Two big thumbs up here!

Hi Josie...thanks. On the upside, it's easier to write that way if you've actually lived it...the downside is...you actually lived it. I had no idea that honky tonk music was having such a huge renaissance. A friend in FLA has enthusiastically taken this song and "Wine and Liquor" and sent them to a local station that has a very popular honky tonk music show. I used to sing Hank Williams tunes as a little kid, but this is my first foray into this genre since I started recording/producing. Who knew? I guess that's where the little "half yodel" came from. We warmed up our "yodel" for this song by recording this old HW tune also created with BIAB. I guess this was known as "moanin the blues" in it's heyday. Such fun to recreate the vibe.

Thanks for listening,

Bob