Quote:

Had another listen. It's compression pumping. I'd say it's personal taste, but pumping compression really should be avoided in straight ahead country. Take it or leave it Bob, it's not make or break but it would be better to back it off a bit. I don't mean to be a pain. Forgive me. These things I notice. Really nice tune.

Dan

Hey Dan...yea I've been playing around with Reaper to see what it's capable of. BTW...you're the one who got me to try it, so a big "thank you"...I'm reallly enjoying it! I'll transfer the tracks over to Sonar for final mixing, and Sound Forge for mastering. I'm not a huge fan of compression except for my Tele when doing that country rock stuff. Still, the ones in Reaper are pretty good plugins. Haven't found anything I'm in love with yet. I'm replacing the steel track with a performance from an excellent local player who also has a studio here. He's proficient on both pedal and non-pedal and has offered to do some "Don Helms" (...for the uninitiated, "Uncle Don" was Hank Williams' steel player.) style non-pedal on this one. Can't wait to see what he comes up with.

Also, I've had calls/meetings with three local country bands in the last week looking for some new "honky tonk style" songs to add to their sets! This is pretty exciting since I've never been approaced by a band to do my stuff before. I played both of the new songs at the Northern Colorado Songwriters Circle and I guess that's how word got out about some "new old country" being written. Not sure what it is about this old stuff, but I can't remember the last time I had this much fun writing and recording music. Who knew?

Have you been working on anything interesting?

Later,
Bob