Quote:

Well, Bob, if you get that Gospel Fakebook ready, youknow some of us are waiting for it so we can send you some $$ That is a beeyootiful axe.

Stan

Hi Stan -- we're working on it!!!

I have 29 other fake books, surely you can find at least one other to help little Bobby get his guitar

Quote:

BTW - I'm fairly certain that the guitar Notes pictures would have fret markers up on the top edge of the neck, where only the player can easily view them. That practice is pretty much de rigeur with guitar makers these days. <...> Mac

If it doesn't, I'll put them on.

The fret dots on my LTD were too small and dim to see in either a dark club or one of those stages where the lights were pointed at you from a point slightly over your head, therefore putting the top of the neck in a shadow. My solution was to get some automotive reflecting tape and cut out some half moon shapes with a hole puncher.

They last at least 4 months, then one starts to peel off and I replace it when changing strings. Most have been on over a year now.

I'm probably going to have to put the Parker on credit (unless everybody buys a disk <big grin>). I just had to have my water well re-drilled, and some other plumbing work done. I would have rather spent the money on the guitar, but we need water for drinking, bathing, etc. a lot more than I needed a new guitar

Unlike Mac, I do need the fret dots on top of the neck, but I don't need them on the fingerboard.

I started playing in rock bands on saxophone, and did that exclusively for many years. I was glad the guitarists had fret markers on the fingerboard, because I learned to recognize chord shapes and positions, and if I knew what chord the guitarist was playing, I could transpose it up a whole step and know what to play on the tenor sax. To me that is the best thing about fingerboard markers.

But since I make my own backing tracks, I already know what the chords are so when Leilani plays her Parker PM10, I don't need to see where she is playing the chord.

(not her guitar, but it looks like this one)

I'm really impressed with her guitar. The neck joint is so well made that in order to see the joint where the neck meets the body, you have to take it out in the sunlight and look very closely. The neck is extremely fast, it's well balanced, fit and finish everywhere is superb (even inside the cavities), and sounds good with coil tapping pups (either SC or Humbucker).

So I'm hoping the same care is going into the new Parkers. Unfortunately, I cant get one around here, so there is no place to try it out, so I have to go on their reputation and reviews.

Bob "Notes" Norton smile Norton Music
https://www.nortonmusic.com

100% MIDI Super-Styles recorded by live, pro, studio musicians for a live groove
& Fake Disks for MIDI and/or RealTracks