Quote:

<...>
Just wondering if its possible to get as good a guitar for $200 instead of paying say upwards of $2000 for one and then doing a blind test (playing from beind a curtain) for a layperson or even an intermediate guitarist, would they be able to tell the difference?

Probably not.

My LTD with the Mean 90s sounds great. I think expression trumps tone any day of the week (as long as the tone is in the ball park for the genre of music you are playing).

So why the gas? What am I getting for the $1500?

1) Light weight - 5 pounds, I'm tired of picking up and setting down an 8 pound guitar dozens of times per night (this is probably the number one factor)

2) Fishman pickup will allow me to sound acoustic

3) Vibrato (trem) bar that will work in lock, down or float and Sperzel locking tuners and a GraphTech nut that should help with the tuning stability

4) Versatility of sounds due to the pickup configuration

5) Good looks (many people listen with their eyes) - I wear black on stage, and the black guitar I'm currently playing is a bear to keep clean and doesn't show up well (it is show-biz after all)

6) Ease of playing (number 2 factor and related to item 1) - if the instrument is comfortable, it makes it easier for the musician to express himself/herself

BTW, this is the least expensive Dragonfly in the lineup. The economy comes from the satin finish and the bolt-on neck (so they say).

This seems to be the perfect guitar for the kind of music I'm doing, and unless it's involved in an unfortunate incident, it should be a gigging guitar for the rest of my life.

A workman needs good tools, but they don't necessarily have to be the best tools. I think this is a good compromise between the Jay Turser and PRS extremes.

I don't care what name is on the headstock. I'm not up there to impress other musicians. On the other hand, Parker has a reputation for excellent workmanship, and judging from my partner's PM10, that reputation is deserved.

Time will tell if I'm making the right decision or not.

Notes ♫

Last edited by Notes Norton; 11/17/10 10:59 AM.