Guitarists, Saxophonists, Trumpeters, Pianists, whatever, we all have GAS.

I'm not overjoyed about the comb binding on the Broadway book either. A lot better than a glued in binding, but there are so many songs for that size binding. But there are a lot of great tunes in that book, from the old standards that have been jazzed up along the way to newer songs, some of which will become classics.

I have a 3 hole puncher that will do about a dozen pages at a time and I manually did one of the old "Real Books" that way. It was time consuming, but worth it.

When I was young and on the road, it wasn't common for people to have redundant instruments. The lead guitarist had an Epiphone Sheraton, the bassist a Fender P bass, I had my Selmer Mark VI tenor and the drummer had a set of Rogers drums. Later we picked up a keyboard player who had a Farfisa with Leslie at first, then a Hammond B3. We traveled the country without any spares. We didn't know anybody with spares either.

Funny how time changes.

Now I won't allow myself to not have at least one spare of everything important, and I have a few extra guitars hanging around the house.

I'm hoping the DragonFly will be my main guitar for years to come. I don't see what else I'll need, (but I won't sell my other guitars either). The only thing I will miss is the P90 sound, but if I want, I can always put a Duncan P-Rail in place of the Humbucker. But that would not be until the warranty expires or later.

I'll find out today if my local Ma and Pa music store can get one, if not, I'll go Internet shopping tomorrow.

I've obviously convinced myself to go for it.

Insights and incites by Notes ♫

Bob "Notes" Norton smile Norton Music
https://www.nortonmusic.com

100% MIDI Super-Styles recorded by live, pro, studio musicians for a live groove
& Fake Disks for MIDI and/or RealTracks