I'm not going to rush my decision. I immediately told MF what they sent me (it's a "do unto others" thing with me) so they know I have a more expensive guitar. I am shocked that they didn't offer to send me a postage paid return shipping label and ask for it back. I also e-mailed them this morning.

I played the FLY for about 5 minutes unplugged (I haven't unwrapped anything so that if they come to their senses, they can still sell it as new) and the neck is indeed like butter. But the pickup configuration isn't what I wanted and the color is too dark.

So now I'm in a wait and see hold for a while. I have other guitars to play, and although I had my heart set on playing the DF this weekend, it isn't going to happen no matter what I do, so this morning I'm feeling more rational about the entire ordeal.

If they want it back, they are more than welcome to send me a return shipping label. If they don't perhaps I'll put it up for sale. I haven't made any permanent decisions yet.

This is the first time anything like this ever happened to me. I immediately did the ethical thing and informed them of their mistake. Now it's up to them. I can wait.

What would you do?

(I'm still bummed that I can't play the DF this weekend)

Bob

Bob "Notes" Norton smile Norton Music
https://www.nortonmusic.com

100% MIDI Super-Styles recorded by live, pro, studio musicians for a live groove
& Fake Disks for MIDI and/or RealTracks