It's a real dilemma.

I've done the right thing and let them know of their mistake. So if I keep the guitar, my conscience is clear. So I'm in a wait and see mode right now. I'm not playing the Fly so if they want it back, it will be in like-new condition.

The Fly is unquestionably a better guitar. It is truly state-of-the-art. It's like ordering a Celica and getting a Lexus. I should be thrilled. On the other hand, with my present guitar skills it's like owing a Ferrari to drive to the grocery store and back (which I wouldn't mind doing).

On the other hand,
  • I like the pickup configuration of the DragonFly better, it seems more versatile
  • I like the fact that I can swap pickups on the DF - I might want to swap the humbucker for a P-Rail down the road to give me the choice of single coil, humbucker, or P90 sounds
  • Unless I'm doing an outdoor gig, I ususally wear black on stage. I also play sax, flute, wind synth, vocals, guitar, parcussion controller and sometimes keys on stage. Swapping instruments is good "show-biz" and the dark walnut guitar with no inlays on the fretboard will just not be obvious on stage

I have 44 more days to make the decision. In the meantime I'm trying to find another DF/Nat.

If I sell it, I think it would pay for most or all of what I bought the DF for. So it might be "manna from heaven".

I'm still undecided.

Notes

Bob "Notes" Norton smile Norton Music
https://www.nortonmusic.com

100% MIDI Super-Styles recorded by live, pro, studio musicians for a live groove
& Fake Disks for MIDI and/or RealTracks