Quote:

Notes,
I respect your decision to notify them and keep everything honest. <...>

Thanks, Pat. It's the way I would want to be treated.

And thanks for the tip to check consumer law.

Although it is probably a good idea, I don't want to get into manufacturing "guitar-bras" or anything like that. The software business is great because the sales and shipping happen automatically by the shopping cart (with the exception of PayPals) and I can spend my time writing new styles.

I remember the early days when I would burn a floppy disk, put it in a purchased mailer, run off an address label, drive to the post office, wait in line, and ship out the day's orders. Ah, e-delivery has spoiled me

I found another dealer that has the guitar I want, at a good price so I bought it. After hearing my tale of woe with MF, they are even throwing in free 2 day shipping!

I have 44 days to decide. I've both called and written an e-mail to them. Phone operator says keep the guitar, I got an auto-responder so they got my e-mail. If they don't answer, I'll consider the Fly mine to do with as I please. I'll give them plenty of time to respond though. I want to be fair with them.

I know that everybody makes a mistake sooner or later. If a company makes a mistake, it has the opportunity to either make a friend for life or lose a customer forever. When I make a mistake (for example, send out fake disk 10 instead of style disk 10) I tell the customer to keep the wrong disk, and then immediately send out the correct disk. Giving them two disks for the price of one. Of course, I didn't pay for the software I created with the exception of royalties for fake disks. Perhaps this is my good "karma" times a thousand?

Last night I was bummed that I didn't get the guitar that I wanted. You know how it is, you pull the trigger, wait for the shipping, and when it finally comes, it's like Christmas. Well I opened the present and didn't get what I wanted, and I had my heart set on playing the new guitar at our gig at the Yacht Club this weekend.

Of course, these feelings pass, and today I'm looking at it as a possible opportunity. If MF doesn't want it back, I can sell it and recoup part or all of my investment in the DragonFly. And since I both phoned and e-mailed them, I can do it with a clear conscience -- which is very important to me.

I have 44 more days to decide.

Notes

Bob "Notes" Norton smile Norton Music
https://www.nortonmusic.com

100% MIDI Super-Styles recorded by live, pro, studio musicians for a live groove
& Fake Disks for MIDI and/or RealTracks