Well I might have a different view about this subject, so here it is.

As a teacher for jazz guitar I get confrontated with students owning illegal copies of BIAB on a regular basis. The point is: they usually have very old copies, like BIAB 10 or 12, usually PRE-Realtracks.
When I turn on my computer and we practice along with the newest version of BIAB they go "WOW" all the time. "That sounds completely different than what I have, how do you do that"? Then I tell them that these are Realtracks, played by Real pro musicians and I tell them the PGmusic website adress, where they usually buy the stuff then.

I think PGmusic has a great tactic with copy-protection etc. EVER SINCE THE REALTRACKS GOT THAT HUGE, PEOPLE CAN´T DOWNLOAD FROM TORRENTS OR FILESHARING SYSTEMS ANYMORE. That`s why they only have real old versions or new versions without Realtracks. Nobody downloads 80GB from a torrent not knowing if they get the parts all together, if it is offered at all. In this matter I think the stolen Software is like a Demo which helps pirates getting in touch with a programm they usually start buying months or years later.

I think that`s why PGmusic doesn`t have a copyprotection. They just don`t need it, they convince us with quality. If you want the Realtracks you need to buy it anyway. So I congrat PGmusic for their decicion (I know its a money issue also to put a copyprotection on;-) not to bother us with USB dongles, register licencing like Adobe, which never works and you have to have a stolen serial to make the legal bought copy work again, or other unnessecary stuff like that.

I tell my students to buy it and they do, cause they hear how good it is. I also have a link with a recommondation from my website. Man, i should get paid for the advertising, LOL.

Sandra

"GuitarVersum" YouTube Channel: Jazz Chord Melody Tutorials
Jazz Guitar Lessons | Jazz Guitar Gear Reviews
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCkT05N04ICdHgmDZrGYz-5A

Lesson Shop:
https://guitarversum.com/shop