PG Music Home
Posted By: Phil Kemp ASIO, MIDI, Dxi thru 'trick' - 02/22/10 07:28 PM
I just got off the phone with tech. support and they solved a problem that I had been struggling with for sometime.

I wasn't able to set things up in Biab so that I could play along with a song entered in biab using a Dxi.

Seems that you have to tick ASIO always on in the audio control panel. You then have to hit 'play' to kick start the ASIO drivers.

Then you can play along with the song, or simply play your midi controller on its own.

I have found that if you change anything in the audio driver panels that you have to hit play again to restart the drivers.

I may have gotten the terminology a little incorrect for those that understand things better, but I thought that I would at least document this in the forum, since I could find no other reference to this anywhere in the Biab docs, FAQs, or the forum.

Clarifications/corrections to this procedure highly welcomed....
Cheers
PK
Posted By: Mac Re: ASIO, MIDI, Dxi thru 'trick' - 02/23/10 12:30 AM
Seems like I'm telling someone to try checking "ASIO Always On" about once a week around here. That can solve other problems, too. But the setting also depends upon your soundcard and its drivers, not all respond the same.

--Mac
Posted By: Phil Kemp Re: ASIO, MIDI, Dxi thru 'trick' - 02/23/10 12:55 AM
Mac, the real trick is the hitting the play to reload the ASIO system... I had already tried ASIO on always... and then plunked away at the keyboard, only to hear nothing... I would never in a million years come across the reload via play on purpose. I might have hit it by chance if I jumped right in with the accompaniment(sp?) but typically I like to play around with the patches on the Dxi synth and the aftereffects, etc. before hitting the play button....

Cheers
PK
Posted By: Mac Re: ASIO, MIDI, Dxi thru 'trick' - 02/23/10 02:47 PM
Ah.

I do remember having to hit Play first -- and there have been a few threads where someone didn't realize that and were told about it.

Will add the revision to my file of answers to problems for future use, thanks for pointing that out!

--Mac
© PG Music Forums