PG Music Home
I watched this video from 2024. Saw some new features.
But I didn’t see the function mentioned before. That is, enter+shift can play the third or fourth chord. That is, each bar can directly input 4 or 8 chords.
here: https://www.pgmusic.com/forums/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=744720#Post744720
It still seems the same unless there is a new setting somewhere, will have to look more tomorrow.

[Linked Image]

Attached picture bb24-4-Chord-Play.gif
Originally Posted by musocity
It still seems the same unless there is a new setting somewhere, will have to look more tomorrow.

I need to use Enter and SHIFT to play each chord in a main interface.
If playing with a dialog box, it is not possible to play continuously.
I don't know why it's still selecting 2 chords (1/2 bar) at a time. It should be able to have an option to select each chord individually in the chord sheet.
Originally Posted by musocity
I don't know why it's still selecting 2 chords (1/2 bar) at a time. It should be able to have an option to select each chord individually in the chord sheet.

They are aware of this issue and promise to be able to do it. I don't know if 2024 has been achieved. So, let me ask here.
I do not believe this preview feature was added in BIAB 2024. As you know, I’ve given you a workaround.

Having 8 chords per measure is a different question. That (up to 16) was achieved last year with micro chords.
Originally Posted by Matt Finley
I do not believe this preview feature was added in BIAB 2024. As you know, I’ve given you a workaround.

I don't see a good way to solve this problem.
In 2024, you can open the chord settings floating window, and keep it open, and audition any chords on any beat, as Musocity showed in the gif,
‘It’s a good point that we didn’t add shift-enter as a hot key to do that, I don’t know why that got missed, but we will add that in a patch.
In the meantime, if you just leave that floating window open you can preview any of them .
Originally Posted by PeterGannon
In 2024, you can open the chord settings floating window, and keep it open, and audition any chords on any beat, as Musocity showed in the gif,
‘It’s a good point that we didn’t add shift-enter as a hot key to do that, I don’t know why that got missed, but we will add that in a patch.
In the meantime, if you just leave that floating window open you can preview any of them .

thank you.

Floating windows are a great change. I've noticed this new feature.

I hope there is a simple way to implement my idea. For example, open the Chords floating window and keep it pinned open.

Then I just click the right button of the keyboard →, which moves to the next chord, and I can use enter-shift to play each chord.

Can it be designed so that 4 chords can be input into each bar?
Why do we have to use only commas? ","

Wouldn't it be enough to allow users to input 4 chords directly?

Attached picture 2023-12-07_091705.jpg
Originally Posted by swingbabymix

Can it be designed so that 4 chords can be input into each bar?
Why do we have to use only commas? ","

Wouldn't it be enough to allow users to input 4 chords directly?
Definitely you should consider to put this in the Wish List section.
He has put it everywhere frown

Preview All 4 Chords on a Bar
Originally Posted by AudioTrack
Definitely you should consider to put this in the Wish List section.

I already wrote it last year.
Not everyone gets his or her wish, and not right away in any case. Peter Gannon has acknowledged this one, so your chances are good. Be patient.
Originally Posted by Matt Finley
Not everyone gets his or her wish, and not right away in any case. Peter Gannon has acknowledged this one, so your chances are good. Be patient.

Matt Finley:Thank you.

I think it would be much more convenient to input four chords by default. I thought this would be the basic feature of the 2024 version. The result seems to have not changed. grin
Everyone agrees with you. You are not the first to mention this suggestion. It will come.
Agreed. The fact that Peter has acknowledged is a good sign.
Originally Posted by AudioTrack
Agreed. The fact that Peter has acknowledged is a good sign.

AudioTrack,Thanks!

BIAB2024 is a good update.
It is expected that no commas will be entered in each bar, and four chords can be entered directly.
Well, not quite. Peter commented only on previewing the sound of a chord on any of four beats. I do not recall a comment on entering four chords without commas.
Hope to implement this feature soon.
Easy to use the enter shift, easy to hear the third and fourth card chords.
© PG Music Forums