PG Music Home
Posted By: nonchai Does PG still use Delphi to code BIAB? - 12/08/23 06:52 PM
Noticed Delphi ( object pascal with a visual GUI layout designer ) is still around - and apparently now supports macOS too

Does anyone know if BIAB ( which visually still looks a little dated ) is still being coded - maybe on the windows side.. inDelphi?

Is this why windows always comes out first and they can never release both platforms at the same time?
My understanding is yes. But that’s old knowledge from quite a few years ago.
Posted By: musocity Re: Does PG still use Delphi to code BIAB? - 12/08/23 09:08 PM
Originally Posted by nonchai
...Is this why windows always comes out first and they can never release both platforms at the same time?
Yes but most Windows users don't speak up or say anything about it at all, I think I'm the only one on the planet that did until now. I seem to be the only one that pushes for change, that uploads info how it can be done, info about getting the Plugin to generate instantly, Playable RealTracks, multi track editing, multi tab picker, section editing from source files, non jail windows, just go back years and years in the forum under musocity, pipeline and solidrock, so many accounts as I left so many times due to frustration and users not wanting change. It has taken a toll on me but at least there is change and modernization. Bringing about change is a hard thing when you are up against the old system, MDS (musocity derangement syndrome) bit like TDS you get disliked because people can't see the big picture.
Posted By: MarioD Re: Does PG still use Delphi to code BIAB? - 12/08/23 09:15 PM
Originally Posted by musocity
.............. I seem to be the only one that pushes for change

I also push for change, however I do not have the knowledge that you have to suggest what code to use to get improvements.

.........................Bringing about change is a hard thing when you are up against the old system,

I agree.

MDS (musocity derangement syndrome) bit like TDS you get disliked because people can't see the big picture.
grin grin grin grin That is so true!
Posted By: musocity Re: Does PG still use Delphi to code BIAB? - 12/08/23 09:28 PM
Thanks Mario, you always have my back.
I found that BIAB can be used smoothly even without ASIO drivers in WINDOWS.

If it is other audio software, such as FL STUDIO, STUDIO ONE, CUABSE, it must be driven by ASIO to have no delay.
Originally Posted by nonchai
Noticed Delphi ( object pascal with a visual GUI layout designer ) is still around - and apparently now supports macOS too

Does anyone know if BIAB ( which visually still looks a little dated ) is still being coded - maybe on the windows side.. inDelphi?

Is this why windows always comes out first and they can never release both platforms at the same time?

1: Delphi, which is part of Embarcadero's RAD studio suite, is continually developed, enhanced and updated and can build output for multiple operating systems, including MacOS and Windows. I think the latest RAD Studio is version 12.

2: I haven't investigated this for a while, but yes, this may be the case. Keep in mind that add-on layered products can be used to enhance the appearance, without relying on basic Windows forms and dialogs for the UI.

3: The build requirements between the two systems are unique, and I can only surmise that they finalize all of the new features in the Windows version before moving on to the MacOS version. I also understand that the Mac version release date is much earlier now than it used to be.
Posted By: Cerio Re: Does PG still use Delphi to code BIAB? - 12/09/23 08:47 AM
Originally Posted by MarioD
.............. I seem to be the only one that pushes for change

I also push for change, however I do not have the knowledge that you have to suggest what code to use to get improvements.

+1 here!
About the Mac version release date, that was getting earlier each year, but last year was delayed because of Apple’s changes.
© PG Music Forums