PG Music Home
I have the 2023 Band-in-a-Box UltraPAK and Xtra Upgrade for Windows (also the 2021 Band-in-a-Box MegaPAK with RealBand) and wish to upgrade to the 2024, but I'm only really interested in getting the new Chinese instruments which are advertised in the "Band-in-a-Box 2024 Video Everything you need to know in less than 8 minutes!" However, I only have 80GB free space left on my PC.

I just did a Live Chat with a PGM customer assistant, but he didn't seem to know what was in the various packages and he suggested only purchasing the 2024 UltraPAK, but according to "requirements" it states 160GB is required for the download.

Bearing in mind that I'm only really interested in getting the new Chinese instruments, what package should I upgrade to?
Hi there!

The new Chinese instrument RealTracks are included in the 2024 49-PAK. If you are looking to just upgrade and get those, we would recommend upgrading to the 2024 Pro Package (~35 GB total) and purchasing the 2024 49-PAK (~3.25 GB total).

We hope this helps! If there is anything else we may help with, please feel free to reach out.
Thanks for the reply, but I can't find any reference to a 2024 49-PAK.
You'll find it mentioned at the bottom of the following page and you should be able to add it during the checkout process.
https://www.pgmusic.com/bbwin.packages.htm
Thanks for the reply Gordon. I found it at last - I wasn't looking far enough down the page. But can I download that alone and have it work with the 2023 set up I already have? If I can't I'll have to forget upgrading as adding the 2024 Pro Package wipes out too much of my disk space.
I have the 2023 Band-in-a-Box UltraPAK and Xtra Upgrade for Windows

My suggestion is to get the 2024 PlusPAK upgrade. For starters, while there ARE some of the Chinese instruments in the 49PAK, most of them are part of RT set 436 (see image) which you wouldn't get if you upgrade to the Pro. To clarify, you can also add the 49PAK to the PlusPAK. The 49PAK includes a couple of additional Chinese instruments (Dizi Flute, Background GentleSwingReedy sw 110 and Guzheng, Background GentleSwing sw 110 )

The PlusPAK will "only" add somewhere around 12 GB in total to your installation, so you are okay for disk space.

True, it is a lot more than you want but doing it this way will give you everything new and is an easy upgrade, keeping you up-to-date with all available RealTracks etc. so there is nothing missing - just install it into your existing Band-in-a-Box folder.

Attached picture Screenshot 2023-12-18 154617.png
All done now. Thanks!
© PG Music Forums