PG Music Home
Posted By: MoultiPass Free your MIDI tracks from EZKeys. - 01/02/24 11:30 AM
For my friends who use Ezkeys:
Upload a proprietary EZKeys MIDI pack such as 000851@SYNTH_POP and immediately receive synth_pop.zip. It will contain all of the MIDI tracks you paid for, sorted into folders according to BPM, time signature and key.

https://ezkeys.kabaragoya.com/

I obviously tested it on all my EzKeys files and it works perfectly. Does not work on EzKeys2. No need.
Posted By: DrDan Re: Free your MIDI tracks from EZKeys. - 01/02/24 03:05 PM
Interesting. I have always been aware that the EZK midi packs are proprietary and never gave it a second thought. This guy seems to be upset about nothing. I am surprized that he has a issue with EZK2 vrs EZK packs since I thought there was no difference in the format of the pack. They all work in both versions.
Posted By: MarioD Re: Free your MIDI tracks from EZKeys. - 01/02/24 03:43 PM
Originally Posted by DrDan
Interesting. I have always been aware that the EZK midi packs are proprietary and never gave it a second thought. This guy seems to be upset about nothing. I am surprized that he has a issue with EZK2 vrs EZK packs since I thought there was no difference in the format of the pack. They all work in both versions.

Dan, I don't think the issue he has is between the two versions. He is converting the proprietary EZKeys 1 MIDI to regular MIDI, at least that is what I got out of his post. IIRC you could not export EZKeys 1 MIDI to another sound source like you can in EZKeys 2, thus this is not an issue with 2.

If I am wrong please correct me.
Posted By: MoultiPass Re: Free your MIDI tracks from EZKeys. - 01/02/24 04:24 PM
Originellement posté par DrDan

He is upset because when buying a TT EZK midi pack he realized that he had to buy the EZK unlocker for 179 more. And since he is stubborn he spent a week deciphering the code. And he shares it with his friends. I really liked his proposal.
Posted By: shlind Re: Free your MIDI tracks from EZKeys. - 01/02/24 04:31 PM
I works fine i just tested it. I did not realize they were not already stored as midi.
Posted By: DrDan Re: Free your MIDI tracks from EZKeys. - 01/02/24 04:34 PM
So he bought the MIDI packs not knowing he needed the program to play them. The "EZK unlocker" is the EZK program! Still a bit strange, but I guess it is what it is. smirk
Posted By: MoultiPass Re: Free your MIDI tracks from EZKeys. - 01/02/24 04:36 PM
That's exactly it.
Posted By: MarioD Re: Free your MIDI tracks from EZKeys. - 01/02/24 08:48 PM
Originally Posted by DrDan
So he bought the MIDI packs not knowing he needed the program to play them. The "EZK unlocker" is the EZK program! Still a bit strange, but I guess it is what it is. smirk

Yes it is what it is but is it legal?
Is the EZK unlocker a Toontrack program? I haven't seen it on their web site so I doubt it.
Posted By: DrDan Re: Free your MIDI tracks from EZKeys. - 01/02/24 09:43 PM
Originally Posted by MarioD
Is the EZK unlocker a Toontrack program? I haven't seen it on their web site so I doubt it.

Mario, The "EZK unlocker" is Toontrack EZKeys! grin
Posted By: MoultiPass Re: Free your MIDI tracks from EZKeys. - 01/02/24 10:05 PM
Mario, to understand you have to read the last sentence of the site:

"So: [*****] you, Toontrack. You make some great tools, but if you advertise a product as a "MIDI pack" then deliver a proprietary binary blob that is not actually MIDI, that is bullshit. It's false advertising, disrespectful to your customers, and an abuse of your position of relative power."

You buy a midi for 29 but you have to give up 179 to use the 29, he's not wrong...
Posted By: musocity Re: Free your MIDI tracks from EZKeys. - 01/02/24 10:46 PM
Thanks ! works good. You should put it in Post your own Tips and Tricks here as I will forget, I always have to go back there to looked at things I have posted as I forget how to do something frown
Posted By: MoultiPass Re: Free your MIDI tracks from EZKeys. - 01/02/24 10:55 PM
Done.
Posted By: MarioD Re: Free your MIDI tracks from EZKeys. - 01/03/24 12:08 AM
Originally Posted by MoultiPass
Mario, to understand you have to read the last sentence of the site:

"So: [*****] you, Toontrack. You make some great tools, but if you advertise a product as a "MIDI pack" then deliver a proprietary binary blob that is not actually MIDI, that is bullshit. It's false advertising, disrespectful to your customers, and an abuse of your position of relative power."

You buy a midi for 29 but you have to give up 179 to use the 29, he's not wrong...

Thanx - my bad, I didn't scroll down thus I didn't see that. I did accidently purchase an EX drum MIDI so I am now going to convert it.

Thanx for sharing.
© PG Music Forums