PG Music Home
Posted By: Jon Thomas Multiriff with half-tempo tracks problem - 01/02/24 02:12 PM
I have found that the multi-riff feature (both by using the F8 multiriff window and the Contrl+F8 function) doesn't work (at all, in my case) with realtracks that are set to half-tempo (not sure about double tempo, haven't tried it). Found this with multiple tracks and songs. Reset to factory settings doesn't work for me. I have Biab 2024, v. 1108. Anybody found the same problem?
Posted By: ThomasS Re: Multiriff with half-tempo tracks problem - 01/03/24 09:20 PM
Yeah, a real bummer!

Multi-Riff fails to put the regenerated parts in the right place if the instrument or track settings are not "normal" time. Double or Half Time fails. This includes either the track settings, or if you are just using a realtrack that is specified as double-time. I guess Multi-Riff is using the timing of the instrument to calculate where to put the regeneration, but it forgot that the instrument is not the same as the normal tempo, so it needs to do some math before placing it in the right place.

I sure hope this can be fixed, because Multi-Riff is great combined with the new tracks-view, but I like the double and half time stuff.
Posted By: Cerio Re: Multiriff with half-tempo tracks problem - 01/03/24 09:37 PM
This is a known bug that has been already reported to PG Music. Let's hope the fix it in a future patch.
Thanks Cerio.
Your message made me think that It would be nice to have a list of "known bugs", so one can avoid going crazy and wasting a lot of time trying to figure out whether he/she is doing something wrong while trying to use a function that, in reality, doesn't work (yet).
Posted By: Cerio Re: Multiriff with half-tempo tracks problem - 01/03/24 11:13 PM
I completely agree, in fact this has been discussed many times, this is just an example:
https://www.pgmusic.com/forums/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=697910

Please, feel free to add your support here:
https://www.pgmusic.com/forums/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=509663
© PG Music Forums