PG Music Home
Posted By: fiddler2007 Install Manager won't start - 01/30/24 01:36 PM
I was installing BIAB on an USB external drive. Installed the install manager there too, but it won't start, also not as administrator.
Firewall disabling did not help .. ???
Posted By: Andrew - PG Music Re: Install Manager won't start - 01/30/24 05:10 PM
Can you provide a few more details - about your OS, what you are installing, and how you tried to install it?
Posted By: fiddler2007 Re: Install Manager won't start - 01/31/24 08:30 AM
HI Andrew. Windows10 LTSC, and i ran the installer from the USB drive, as this USB drive with the whole biab caboose, still version 2023,
it's meant for use on a laptop occasionally. Installing went OK but it wont run. USB drive is from PG, has a fast 7200 rpm 750GB 2.5 seagate drive IMO on board.

I have Bitdefender, and TinyWall (tried latter also in autolearn mode).
Posted By: AudioTrack Re: Install Manager won't start - 01/31/24 10:23 AM
As I understand, Windows 10 LTSC (Long-Term Servicing Channel) is designed for Windows 10 devices where the needs and requirements remain stable over a longer period.

I'm personally not at all familiar with LTSC

Exactly what program did you try to launch (exact name, file size, location etc)?

If you right-clicked and selected 'Run As Administrator', did this make a difference?
Posted By: Andrew - PG Music Re: Install Manager won't start - 01/31/24 05:35 PM
HI Andrew. Windows10 LTSC, and i ran the installer from the USB drive, as this USB drive with the whole biab caboose, still version 2023,
it's meant for use on a laptop occasionally. Installing went OK but it wont run. USB drive is from PG, has a fast 7200 rpm 750GB 2.5 seagate drive IMO on board.

I have the same questions as AudioTrack. A little confused because you were talking about the Install Manager (which is for installing downloads) but you have the BiaB hard drive. What won't run, Band-in-a-Box (C:\bb\bbw64.exe) ? Or ARE you actually talking about the Install Manager (C:\bb\data\InstallManager\Band-in-a-Box Install Manager.exe)?
Posted By: fiddler2007 Re: Install Manager won't start - 01/31/24 05:57 PM
NO, i installed the manager on the BB drive in it's root, not on C .. my intention was to check the wma files on it ..
Posted By: Andrew - PG Music Re: Install Manager won't start - 01/31/24 09:23 PM
Are you using the built-in administrator account on Windows 10? If so, the Install Manager won't run, this is known issue. The solution is to use a normal account. You can return to using the built-in account after running it, if you want.
Posted By: fiddler2007 Re: Install Manager won't start - 02/01/24 08:33 AM
Yep, will try that, later alas ... thanks
© PG Music Forums