PG Music Home
This is simply an OCD issue, but is there a quick and easy way to change the order of the tracks in the mixer? Click-and-drag doesn't seem to work. I'm used to doing it that way in Reaper, and would be surprised if there isn't an easy way to re-order tracks in BIAB.

Thanks!
Yes if you have Reaper use
Working In Biab & Reaper Simultaneously and Instantly
or Open SGU in Reaper

[Linked Image]
Originally Posted by foxwaves
This is simply an OCD issue, but is there a quick and easy way to change the order of the tracks in the mixer? Click-and-drag doesn't seem to work. I'm used to doing it that way in Reaper, and would be surprised if there isn't an easy way to re-order tracks in BIAB.

Thanks!
The answer, unfortunately, is no.
You currently cannot do this from within the BIAB program.
You have got Edit > Copy Special > Copy/Move Tracks but it's a bit of messing around

[Linked Image]

Attached picture BB24-Move-Tracks.png
Originally Posted by musocity
Yes if you have Reaper use
Working In Biab & Reaper Simultaneously and Instantly
or Open SGU in Reaper

Thanks! Actually, when I load the tracks into Reaper I can move them easily. I was wondering if there was a way to move them inside if BIAB. smile

[Linked Image]
The editing in Biab is too restricted, that's why I showed the Reaper script that instantly transfers the Biab tracks without rendering to wav and dragging in. You are best to use Biab to just generate up the track/s or section/s and the sooner you get out of Biab into Reaper where you have full editing control the better.
Even when you use the Copy Special function to Move tracks, it turns the track into wav files.
Originally Posted by AudioTrack
Originally Posted by foxwaves

Thanks!
The answer, unfortunately, is no.
You currently cannot do this from within the BIAB program.
Thanks for the information! It's too bad...it seems it would be an easy function to incorporate and maybe it will be in a future update.
You have got Edit > Copy Special > Copy/Move Tracks but it's a bit of messing around

[Linked Image]
Thanks, I agree. Have a nice day!
The editing in Biab is too restricted, that's why I showed the Reaper script that instantly transfers the Biab tracks without rendering to wav and dragging in. You are best to use Biab to just generate up the track/s or section/s and the sooner you get out of Biab into Reaper where you have full editing control that better.
Even when you use the Copy Special function to Move tracks, it turns the track into wav files.
Thank you. I'm relatively new to BIAB but have been recording for about 55 years. Reaper is great and the way you describe is what I've been doing and I agree with you completely. I'm back in familiar territory when I'm in Reaper.
BIAB is a very powerful tool, though, and I'm really surprised with the results I've been getting...surprised in a good way! I've learned a lot on this forum too, from nice folks such as you. Thanks again!
One reason this is best done in the DAW is that BiaB has a particular protocol for handilng its tracks due to the way styles are created. once you get the results you want then move to DAW of choice.
Originally Posted by Rob Helms
One reason this is best done in the DAW is that BiaB has a particular protocol for handilng its tracks due to the way styles are created. once you get the results you want then move to DAW of choice.
Thanks Rob! That's what I'll do. Have a nice day!
"easy way to change the order of the tracks in the mixer"
That would be a nice feature. Not only for a mixer, but naturally for new Track View as well.
© PG Music Forums