PG Music Home
Posted By: SyrinxGC Searching for the right 60's swing style... - 03/10/10 06:32 PM
The regular crowd I'm playing for have asked me to do a coverversion of a norwegian 60's pop instrumental called "Lappland".
I recently bought the Samplemodeling "The Trumpet" software for my EWI, so the solo part is no problem, but...
I've been searching for hours now for a style similar to the original version of the tune without any luck.
The song is a apx. 210bpm swing tune with (drawbar?) organ, el.guitar, bass and drums (and maybe some horns, haven't analyzed it so in detail yet).

Here's a link to the original on YouTube.

YouTube: Finn Eriksen - Lappland

Can someone please help? Would love some suitable realtracks!

I haven't upgraded from 2009 megapack to the latest version, but if that is required to get what I need, I'm ready to do it.

Thanks!

SyrinxGC
I'm particularly looking for something like that distorted rythm el.guitar.

SyrinxGC
Hello,

"Lappland" resembles an old church hymn, "Leaning on the everlasting arms." Try some "Dixie" type styles as well as a style search for Leaning. You should find something similar for Lappland, good luck.

Try the "larry shuffle" style.

Trax
Thanks. Not exactly what I was looking for, but the Leaning kind of style does the job.
I haven't upgraded since january 2009 and miss some realtrack electric bass. Guess It's about time to do it now. :-)

SyrinxGC
You might want to search for a song entitled "Over in the Glory Land". It is the same music as the one you are looking for. As far a styles go, you might try a gospel swing style and set the soloist/Melody instrument to an Organ that closely resembles the one your are looking for, or possibly an Accordian. As far as the bass line goes, you might have to adjust (edit the bass track) the one in BB to match your song. A little work, but what's a good song without a lot of work to make it that way.
Thanks. I just received the BIAB 2010 harddrive with all the realtracks and stuff. Look forward to explore it and try out your suggestions!
© PG Music Forums