PG Music Home
Posted By: GaryL How do you change the repeat? - 07/21/10 07:10 PM
Hi,

I've read the book and I just can't figure this out. I took the jazz practice 2-5-1minor turnaround and wanted to use half of it. What's the best way to make a new jazz practice song? When I highlight the chords and make a new song...the repeat stays at bar 32, when I want it to be bar 48. No matter what I do, the repeat stays at 32. and I would like to move the ending also. So 1 through 32 stays in the light brown even know my chords go all the way to 48, so the last part is in these gray boxes.

What's the best way to go about setting the repeats, I've been right clicking and setting repeats and endings but the song template of 1 - 32 never goes away.

Thanks,
Posted By: GHinCH Re: How do you change the repeat? - 07/21/10 09:54 PM
I don't know the best way. I had this problem already. I solved it, after too much time trying to fix the error, by just creating a new song with the settings I wanted and copying measure for measure...first the chords as the framework and then the melody line. Annoying but resulting.

Guido
Posted By: Matt Finley Re: How do you change the repeat? - 07/21/10 11:39 PM
Just checking that you know about 'Bar for End of Chorus'. It's the number (32 by default) to the right of the key and tempo, and just to the left of 'Number of Choruses in Song' (3 by default).

Change 32 to 48.
Posted By: GaryL Re: How do you change the repeat? - 07/22/10 12:22 AM
Hi,

Thank you so much...
© PG Music Forums