PG Music Home
Posted By: amsmith930 Key Change - 09/14/10 01:54 AM
In a song in the key of F, I inserted a bar setting with a key change to F#. However, when I look at that bar in the notation window, it shows 6 flats (key of Gb). Is there any way for me to force it to display as the key of F#? Andy (BiaB 2010.5)
Posted By: amsmith930 Re: Key Change - 09/14/10 02:03 AM
Right after I sent the posting above, I printed the lead sheet, and it is really weird! The bar setting happens to be at bar 37, which, when printing, is the 1st bar of a new line (printing = 4 bars/line). Both the print preview and the printed sheet show 6 sharps at the end of the previous line, immediately following bar 36. The the next line shows 6 flats, a double vertical line, and then shows 6 sharps IN measure 37. Each subsequent line of the lead sheet still shows 6 flats. Andy
Posted By: Rachael Re: Key Change - 09/14/10 02:11 AM
Play around with the Lead Sheet Option 'Key Signature Every Line' and the Notation Window 'Show Key Signature' check boxes.

The modulation shows up fine here. The key change appears at the end of the measure before the actual modulation. If it still acts up, try a new blank song and play with those two check boxes.

R
© PG Music Forums