PG Music Home
Posted By: tributeman biab 2010 problems - 05/15/11 10:04 AM
Hi All,I purchased biab 2010 ultraplus pack on an ext hard drive and then upgraded to biab 2011.I tried to install the 2010 drive but it would not load what concerns me is my 2011 hard drive if that also didnt load up.Im disappointed that the previous drive wouldnt load because I wanted to listen to something on there.But Im really worried if the same thing happens to my 2011 upgrade..any ideas would be welcomed.Cheers Frankie
Posted By: John Conley Re: biab 2010 problems - 05/15/11 10:14 AM
You can see the files on the hard drive without 'trying to load it up?'

If it's one of the pg music hard drives, they require a certain amount of voltage on the usb for the drive to work, so they shipped with a double headed red and black cable, you hook both ends of the usb to the computer and the mini jack to the hard drive.

Does your computer find the hard drive and seem stable in the ability to go on there and see files?

I keep a cable beside my computer similar to that one, only mines quite thick, and I think thick and short beats long and skinny.

You should be able to go to the hard drive and find the bb directory and type bbw.exe and it would work, as long as you had a previous version of band in a box on your computer (because that's installed print and screen fonts).
Posted By: Mac Re: biab 2010 problems - 05/15/11 01:23 PM
ALL data of any kind should be backed up.

In the case of the pgmusic hard drives, consider backing the entire thing up to another hard drive.

--Mac
Posted By: tributeman Re: biab 2010 problems - 05/16/11 09:12 AM
Hi John and Mac... John,My new hard disc loads up with no problem its the 2010 one that fails.

"Does your computer find the hard drive and seem stable in the ability to go on there and see files?"
Its doesnt find the hard drive though it once did.I can hear the drive clicking but thats about it..what normally happens is the computer recognizes the drive and I can see it load up on screen

Mac What you say is true but Im surprised the 2010 deice has gone faulty so quickly.Now it seems I must back up my new drive before this one breaks down.
Thanks to you both for your input Cheers Frankie
Posted By: Mac Re: biab 2010 problems - 05/16/11 01:01 PM
There have been some reports of loose internal connections in some of the USB drive cases.

This can happen if the little drive case gets knocked about.

Most of these have been restored to operation by opening the case, unplugging the actual hard drive from its connector and carefully reinserting into the connector again. Close the case and see if it now can be recognized.

--Mac
Posted By: silvertones Re: biab 2010 problems - 05/16/11 07:30 PM
clicking? Not good!
Posted By: John Conley Re: biab 2010 problems - 05/16/11 08:09 PM
I can, as Mac said, be a bad connection, OR it can be low voltage, it's not actually always a huge problem.
Posted By: GHinCH Re: biab 2010 problems - 05/17/11 07:25 AM
If after "fixing" it according to Mac's suggestion -- worked for me once -- it persists on "clicking" only, then it is most likely a read/write-head failure and the drive is junk.

Guido
© PG Music Forums