PG Music Home
Posted By: bharris Global Assignment of Styles? - 10/08/11 02:26 PM
Hi Everyone,

I have a quick question. I want to put all the blues progression files (located in the bb/bluejamc folder) in the BB2Go folder to be generated and put on my iPod. I would like all of these to be generated in a RealTracks blues style, but the style that is currently assigned to them is a midi-based style. Is there an easy way to assign a particular RT style to multiple songs without opening each one, replacing the style and then re-saving?

Thanks!
Posted By: Rachael Re: Global Assignment of Styles? - 10/08/11 03:21 PM
There is an option in the File|File Utilities to change ALL songs in a folder to a particular style.

R
Posted By: bharris Re: Global Assignment of Styles? - 10/08/11 03:36 PM
That's fantastic - exactly what I was looking for - thanks!

One more question if you don't mind - is there a way to transpose multiple files at once? For example, all of the files in this folder are blues in C. I would like to make 15 of them blues in A, 15 in G, etc. Is there an easy way to do this?

Thanks again!
Posted By: PeterGannon Re: Global Assignment of Styles? - 10/08/11 06:21 PM
>>> I would like to make 15 of them blues in A, 15 in G, etc. Is there an easy way to do this?

Yes.

1. - Prefs button-Transpose and then set "When song is loaded, transpose to __ A ____"
- then press <Shift F8> to load next song, and <F2> to save the song.

2. - repear the <Shift F8> and <F2> for as many songs as you want to do. Of course remember to turn that transpose feature off when you're done.
==============================================
ALTERNATIVE METHOD
(an alternative to step #1, is to just (from the main screen) type tra<enter>
That 'tr' transposes to the key that follows, which in this example is 'a'
trbbm<enter> would transpose to Bbm
1. Load Next Song Shift F8
2. Transpose to 'A' tra <ENTER
3. Save F2
Posted By: bharris Re: Global Assignment of Styles? - 10/08/11 09:46 PM
Thank you, PG!
© PG Music Forums