PG Music Home
Posted By: Jan Romanoff Importing midi tracks - 10/28/11 11:56 AM
Hi all
In my unsuccessful search for a nice guitar RT for a specific song, I wondered if one could import a midi guitar track from another style. I known you can create a midi solo track, but I'm not sure if it possible to import a midi track (like you would import a RT).

Jan
Posted By: John Conley Re: Importing midi tracks - 10/28/11 12:54 PM
Hybrid style maker.
Posted By: silvertones Re: Importing midi tracks - 10/28/11 12:57 PM
Freeze all the tracks except the guitar then change to the style that has the guitar you want. Hit play. The frozen tracks will stay as they were & the new guitar will generate for you.Then freeze it and save the song. Done.
Posted By: Muzic Trax Re: Importing midi tracks - 10/28/11 07:53 PM
Hybrid Style maker and style wizard can do this, but Silvertones gave the fastest way to accomplish that specific task in Biab. You can import any instrument from any style in the style maker wizard. You will need to know which style and (B,D,G,P,S) part to import prior to this. It is pretty straight forward to accomplish in the style maker menu.

Be sure to SAVE the original style first, so it doesn't get over-written in Biab.

Trax
Posted By: jazzmammal Re: Importing midi tracks - 10/28/11 09:47 PM
If you're ok with freezing the song because you're done with it fine. But, as soon as you want to change something and regenerate, any different styles will be lost, Biab will only generate one style, the one showing in the style window. For me anyway, I would do this sort of thing in Real Band. Each part is "frozen" by default and you can create as many different tracks using as many different styles as you want.

Bob
Posted By: Jan Romanoff Re: Importing midi tracks - 10/29/11 09:38 AM
John, John, Trax & Bob, Thank you for feedback. I knew there was a way, I'll give a try.

Jan
© PG Music Forums