PG Music Home
Posted By: David Walker Real Band Time Signature - 01/04/12 01:19 PM
Ok, I have this song "Sleep Walk" that I want to experiment with. It's an old song from the 60's and I know there are files out there that have done the work for me but I want to try this from scratch, since I haven't worked much with Real Band. Problem: When I enter chords,a simple arrangement, the time signature being 6/8, I enter that time signature (TS) in the TS box and generate a fingerpicking Realtrack. When I play the generated realtrack, the playback does not match the chords played in the Chords window. In BB, you change the time signaure to 3/4 and it puts a box around the Chords and only plays 3 beats per measure. Question. Is there another way to this in Real Band so that the generated song actually matches with the inputed time signature. I do know that 3/4 time signature is not the same as 6/8, but I plan on slowing the tempo down accomodate the difference. Thanks for you help.
Posted By: jazzmammal Re: Real Band Time Signature - 01/04/12 04:21 PM
RT's are prerecorded audio files. If the RT is a 4/4 track, changing the time sig won't matter to the RT, it's still a prerecorded 4/4 track. You have to use a 3/4 RT.

One of the really great features of the RT's is the program doesn't care about all that, you can plug in any RT in any song and sometimes you can get some really good unexpected results. Still, most of the time you have to pick the correct RT for the time sig.

Bob
Posted By: David Walker Re: Real Band Time Signature - 01/04/12 07:12 PM
Thanks, jazzman. I'll give that a try when I get off work. I should have thought of that. I will check and see if there is a 3/4 TS Fingerpicking Realtack available. If not, I'll use something else.
Posted By: Mac Re: Real Band Time Signature - 01/04/12 09:15 PM
Once you have set BB to 3 beats/bar, either by invoking a 3/4 style, or by using RightClick->Bar Settings, you can indeed try invoking one of the 4/4 realtracks styles and see if it works well in your setting or not. It will only play the first three beats of each cell, but often that works out okay even though the song now is in a three beat feel.

Of course, if you have found a 3/4 style that fills the bill already, no need to try the above, just wanted to point that out.

--Mac
© PG Music Forums